Division of Minerals
Commission on Mineral Resources
Division of Forestry
State Health Board
Division of Water Resources
Jim Barbee, Director
Agriculture - Reno
Tony Wasley, Director
Dept. of Wildlife
Rose Marie Reynolds
Deputy Attorney General
John B. Walker
SEC Meeting 06/12/2013
The State Environmental Commission (SEC) conducted a meeting on Wednesday June 12, 2013 at 10:30 am in Carson City.
The meeting location ws in Carson City at the Bryan Building located at 901 South Stewart Street (2nd floor, Tahoe Room).
1) Public Comments: Members of the public are invited to speak before the SEC; however, no action may be taken on a matter during public comment until the matter itself had been included on an agenda as an item for possible action. Public comment will be limited to ten minutes per person at the discretion of the chairperson. (For Discussion)
2) Approval of the Agenda: Agenda (For Possible Action)
5) Variance for Alternative Fueled Vehicles — Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC): (For Possible Action)
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) is requesting a one -year variance from the use of alternative fuel for its diesel fueled vehicles used in fixed route and Paratransit services, as well as a number of flex-fueled vehicles, which are also used for Paratransit services. The request for the variance is allowed under NAC 486A.200. The variance would allow the RTC to use conventional diesel and gasoline instead of bio-diesel and E-85 gasoline for approximately 540 vehicles.
In approving variances, the Commission may consider whether compliance with NRS 486A/NAC 486A would: (1) void or reduce the coverage under a manufacturer's warranty for any vehicle or vehicle component; (2) result in financial hardship to the owner or operator of a fleet; (3) be impractical because of the lack of availability of clean vehicles, alternative fuel or motor vehicles that use alternative fuel; or any other reason which the Commission determines is appropriate.
In making application to the Commission for a variance, the RTC has completed SEC Form #6 (Variance for Alternative Fueled Vehicles). In its application, the RTC cites financial hardship as the principal reason for the requested variance.
6) Administrator's Briefing to the Commission: NDEP Administrator Colleen Cripps will provide a short briefing to the
Commission about legislative issues and outcomes, and recent staff changes at
NDEP. (For Discussion)
7) Public Comment (For Discussion) Members of the public will be invited to speak before the SEC; however, no action may be taken on a matter during public comment until the matter itself has been included on an agenda as an item for possible action. Public comment may be limited to ten minutes per person at the discretion of the chairperson. (See Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual - Page 58 and 81)
Persons wishing to comment on the proposed actions of the State Environmental Commission (SEC) may appear at the scheduled public hearing or may address their comments, data, views, or arguments in written form to: State Environmental Commission, 901 South Stewart Street, Suite 4001, Carson City, Nevada 89701-5249. The SEC must receive written submissions at least five days before the scheduled public hearing.
If no person who is directly affected by the proposed action appears to request time to make an oral presentation, the SEC may proceed immediately to act upon any written submissions.
As required by the provisions of chapters 233B and 241 of Nevada Revised Statutes, the public notice for this meeting was posted at the following locations: the Bryan Building (901 South Stewart Street, Carson City, Nevada); the offices of the Division of Environmental Protection in Las Vegas (2030 E. Flamingo Rd. Suite 230), the Nevada Division of Minerals, 400 W. King Street, Carson City, NV and at the Nevada Department of Wildlife (1100 Valley Road, Reno, Nevada).
In addition, copies of this notice have been deposited electronically at major library branches in each county in Nevada. This notice is also available on the State Environmental Commission's website at: SEC.NV.GOV.
Members of the public who are disabled and require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to notify, in writing, the Nevada State Environmental Commission, in care of John B. Walker, Executive Secretary, 901 South Stewart Street, Suite 4001, Carson City, Nevada 89701-5249, facsimile (775) 687-5856, or by calling (775) 687-9308, no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 5th, 2013.
Send Email to receive SEC Public Notice updates
Print this page